PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulfstream II
Thread: Gulfstream II
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2012, 07:46
deefer dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So let me get this straight.

On October 1st you told us that business was looking up, and that as it had been an ambition of yours to own a private jet you were now contemplating the purchase of a G2.

It was pointed out by many here that in 1967 the aircraft was a wonderful airplane, but now it can only be described as a noisy, gas guzzling, worthless museum piece that will cost you a fortune to keep flying. Nevertheless, you persist, and within a couple of days you have decided that there is merit in re-upholstering and re-painting a sows ear to turn it into a silk purse, despite the fact that most here have advise you will never get your money back.

Now I don't know very much about cybertronics, let alone the bio variant, but if I was going to buy one for circa $500,000 I would certainly heed the common advise given in any cybertronic forum. More than that, if I did find a forty year old cybertronic model that took my fancy, I would engage the services of a cybertronic appointed service centre to do the pre-purchase inspection - and not some muppet who will do the job in a day or two for pocket money!

If you go ahead with this plan you really are gonna make the seller and his broker very happy people. My advise mirrors that of everyone else here...stop thinking of a G2, and believe us....you can NOT afford it!!