PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DfT/CAA Jump Seat Restrictions
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2003, 10:36
Flap1+F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Danny you have a valid point but what seems to be echoed throughout this string is that none of us are sure who is who!
I personally am a big fan of family on the flight deck because of all the benefits that result, also of helping other aviators/crew getting home, and dare I say it seeing the look of wonder on a child's face when they pop into see the pilots but I hope that I am intelligent enough to see the other side of the fence.
Even if the vote is inconclusive I hope at least the rules can be reconsidered and more imaginative investigation undertaken rather than bureacratic knee jerk reactions which at times have tipified the process since 9/11.
As per an earlier reply I would love to vote yes but alas the risks to our working environment, regardless of personal feelings, have increased since that tragic day.

Danny

Although I would love to vote Yes alas I can't!
I am in agreement with you that the rules at times are idiotic bureacratic knee jerk reactions to a drastically changed world but who knows who anybody is! Does the security check that all employees are put through guarantee that they won't ever do anything?
I was a big fan of family on the flight deck, rescueing stranded crew downroute and how I enjoyed the faces of wonder when the children popped up to see the pilots.
All I can hope that from this collection of votes an opinion is generated that will encourage more investigation and discussion before the policies are laid down.

May we all continue to slip the surly bonds of Earth in safety!