PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Italian authorities closing down on Ryanair's contract scam
Old 6th Oct 2012, 18:21
dirk85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know what kind of weird ideas you have built in your mind when you talk about my case.
I work for a Maltese general aviation company, with headquarter, AOC, office and whatnot in Malta. The planes and the crew are based where the owners of the planes want them to be based.
I, Italian resident, based in Italy, pay the income taxes in Italy. Every single cent of it. The company, and in part me, pay the social security in Italy.
To be noted that I could have paid income taxes in Malta, according to Malta-Italy agreement, but Malta oddly enough doesnt have any provision in its legislation to tax non residents in the context of international traffic.

It is perfectly legal, also after consultancy with local autorities, and the best way to do it, considering that crews are based in different countries. We are talking about small numbers, and it would make no sense in our case to have X local contracts, with X accountants taking care of local legislations.
I am lucky enough not to work for Ryanair.

Got it?

As per FR I agree the whole construction is an absolute disgrace, meant since the beginning to minimise the rights of the pilots, that are employees de facto, but with none of the right they should be entitled to have.
But nobody pointed a gun at their heads, and I did not hear any of them complaining when getting money almost tax free and with no contributions.
I would find it extremely amusing if now they would be complaining of the imminent paycut they are going to receive, when in fact they should only thank the politicians for what they are doing now. For once...

Last edited by dirk85; 6th Oct 2012 at 19:34.