PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who was 'the boss' on a Nimrod?
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2012, 14:43
The Old Fat One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSD

Over the years the old lady had a lot of crew permutations...and with various relaxations in staff orders, even the formal crew compliment could vary a little bit.

However...the MR1 was designed with a crew of 12 in mind and the MR with a crew of 13. As MRC_Fly points out, the MR2 reduced by 1 wettie circa 2001 (but not without the mother of all p1ssing contests between various factions).

For interest, The MRA4 was going to have had a crew of 10 or 11 (sure someone knows the state of that dilemma at the time it was binned) which would have been sporting since the MRA4 still had manual (hand held) photography and manual sonobouy launchers.

Not to mention the incessant galley demands from the lardy boys at the pointy bit.

Regarding the original question......

Who cares?
Who cares about anything on Pprune? It just for us internet losers to get a bit of social interaction isn't it?

PS And before anybody leaps in and has a go at an AEO talking about galley duties, I'll have you know that I cut up a dairy cream sponge in 1983...and I wasn't even asked.

Last edited by The Old Fat One; 6th Oct 2012 at 14:47.