PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND - 3 The new beginning
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2012, 07:44
Expressflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tophat27dt

You make a good point when you say "All of us out here are mere spectators full of guesswork." That's obviously 90% true and yet you wouldn't think it from some of the opinions dressed up as facts that appear here. I believe that one of the most vociferous may not even have visited SEN this year.

However, some of us are professionally involved in matters which involve SEN in one way or another and it's often impossible to put the record straight due to commercial and operational confidentiality considerations. One example is that SEN have been criticised for not promoting the OLT Dresden route, yet I know the exact reason for this and it is a perfectly sensible position that they are taking. Before the rumour mill on that goes into overdrive, it has nothing to do with the airline's commercial or operational capabilities or any disagreement between them; it's much more simple than that.

It's always very easy to nit pick and speculate in a negative way and, forgive me for saying this, even easier from a position of ignorance of all the facts.

To end on a positive note, something I'm currently involved with should produce further good news for SEN within the next few months, resulting in an addition to the current activity.