PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Touchdown Short Of Runway
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2012, 05:55
Wizofoz

Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts
Let's all be honest for a moment.

Not visual at minima-go around. There can be no good argument for anything other than that- BUT.....

How many here have worked for companies where there WAS a culture of "Pushing it"?

I've worked for 6 different airlines, and in two of them, there WAS a pervasive attitude of "I know we can get away with this".

How many times had this Captain, or maybe MANY Captains from this Airline done the same and gotten away with it?

The fact he would do so with another pilot in the jumpseat seems to indicate it wasn't anything he thought he needed to hide.

The FO obviously spent his whole career with this airline, was this what his experience told him was "Normal" and "OK"?

When I realised I was working for companies that "Pushed It", what I longed for was for the regulatory authorities to get stuck into them. Admittedly, I could have done the "Whistle Blower" bit and started the action, but, put honestly, didn't have the balls as I needed the job.

There needs to be proactive oversight of standards, and the message needs to be put across to companies that allow a culture of non-complience in a way that hits them where it hurts- the hip pocket!!