PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - flying around in New Zealand
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2012, 03:33
baron_beeza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is not for me to say and I can't be too sure either.

There would be no doubt that the insurance companies would love to see the 10,000 hr figure. That would have to make it easier in many respects.

How the guys that own the aeroplanes see it would possibly be a little different. A 400 hour pilot with recent local knowledge could be seen as the safer pair of hands.
The maintainers will tell you all the generalisations when it comes to occupational groups and the operation of GA aircraft. Airline pilots are not quite in a group of their own but they often do draw a knowing smile within the hangar.

You may be ok, it is just a busy time of the year and getting in contact with private owners is always going to be difficult. That may leave you with the clubs but naturally they will look after their own first.

It would take very little time to whizz a generic email out to the clubs and schools.

If you wanted to contact the private owners that may have a Cherokee parked on the farm strip, then you perhaps could look at an advertisement in Aviation News or similar publications.

Money talks and 25 hours may mean $2500 to them. It does seem like a lot of hours in one week though and any profit the owner may sense could soon be dissolved into the insurance and unforeseen issues.

Many Piper 4 seaters don't have a lot of load carrying ability beyond the passengers and fuel. I guess you are only looking at flying a couple with gear.

I am surprised others have not chipped in. It is not something I have had to worry about myself.