PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia 737-800 lost by air traffic control for 30 minutes
Old 6th Oct 2012, 00:26
VH-Cheer Up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If he was going to report the incident objectively he would have included some reference to TCAS and not included

Quote:

doing something like 850 kilometres an hour, through airspace which includes A380s and 777s as well as a host of airliners of lesser size, any one of which can be destroyed by the inability of a developed country to provide a professional and well managed air traffic control system.
I would expect something less emotional from a journo (yes the same occupation that has generated much scathing comment on this forum) that at least has a blog dedicated to aviation matters.
I'm pretty sure this is all about optimisation of copy for the web. The reference to A380s and 777s was probably included to provide greater presence on search engines.

And if I am wrong, then it's all about sensationalism, because everyone who reads the tabloid press knows A380s and 777s carry 800 passengers each, which would cause a lot media coverage if the appropriate noise abatement procedures were not properly observed.