PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Simple question! (FR)
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2012, 16:12
captainng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ls-4
i came through the charter world of piston singles and twins and then on to turboprop and then command on them and then moved onto jets with a fast command into the left with ryanair.
as much as i love the experience i have gotten from going this way it certainly hasn,t put me in a better situation financially as i was on lesss than jet fo pay for the first 12 years of my career. now being in my late 30s almost 40s i have collegues who are 25 and are going to be in a much better situation when they are my age.
i fly with guys who were and still are instructors and all there comments are that they wished they had applied to ryanair earlier as no one seems to care about flight instructor hours.
I am all for getting as much stick time as possible before jumping onto a jet but flight instructing is mostly watching somebody else fly it for you so you are really aren't getting much out of it anyway and the pay is less than min wage when you take in all the hours that you dont get paid.
only my two cents but if i had my time over again i would like to have gone straight to a jet as nobody counts my piston and turboprop time anyway!!

Last edited by captainng; 5th Oct 2012 at 16:13.