PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can fat people fly on Easyjet?
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2012, 14:59
betpump5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Allow me to explain myself

Ok guys, I thought I should write a little extra here because some of you may think my post above is a wind up or troll-like. Also I have just read some of the previous posts and saw that TightSlit has poked her nose in once again and I don't want to get on the wrong side of her again.

Firstly TightSlit, this isn't crap and shouldn't be stopped. It's a very valid discussion that is more relevant now due to the ever expanding waistlines of individuals- mine included. I think you need to chill out from telling people what they can and can't discuss here.

Whenever this topic rears its ugly head, I count down the seconds until some namby pamby leftist starts going on about the friend of a friend's second-cousin once-removed who has a medical condition that makes them fat hence they shouldn't pay more money when traveling.

This might make good reading in hello magazine or whatever-magazine women read whilst munching on a Special-K diet bar at lunch, but its just plain nonsense when you look at the bigger picture.

The world is built around the average man/ woman. The majority can fit into a seat just fine and the legroom is adequate. I am 6'4 and in economy I have a tough time. It's called genetics- daddy was tall so I got tall. It's a condition and if I want the comfort of extra leg room, it's up to me to buy business. Just like a large person who unfortunately has a genetic makeup that causes them to be obese, they should also have to pay for an extra seat.

Large people may have to pay extra for shoes on the Internet, just like midgets may need to pay extra during online shopping etc etc. Life is not fair so lets all get over it.

Lastly I truly agree that for certain people,they should be weighed/ or have them try and sit in a test seat at check in. I take the MaxZFW seriously and I would like to know that the standard weights are kept to as close as possible which means a lard arse well above 78kg (HKcad)must be designated 2 seats. I'm fed up with all this anti discriminatory BS.