PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Africa World Airlines
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2012, 12:30
Sean Mendis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am posting now under a personal username since Kwasi Oteng has control of the official "flyafricaworld" username and I am no longer formally associated with the company. I still wanted to set some of the record straight.

kofib1978, you have the knack of taking half-bits of information and jumping to incorrect conclusions from there. I don't know if this is you being deliberately obtuse or just clueless.

Flights to Kumasi were cancelled not because of anything to do with the airline but rather due to the fact that Kumasi Airport was shut down due to runway maintenance. Flights to Tamale continue to operate. Flights to Takoradi are due to commence on 21st October.

Melax, I do not disagree with your comments regarding the website. It is a poorly constructed portal and should not have gone live until it was properly functional. Right now, it makes the airline look far less professional than it should.

With regards the choice of ERJ-145s, I addressed this some months ago on this thread. However, for a brief recap, I agree with you again that this is not the optimal aircraft choice for domestic operations. However, the strategy is to use the ERJ-145 to open up markets in West Africa that would otherwise be too small for larger types to operate with commercial viability (eg. CKY, PHC, etc..). Combined with the availability of airframes from HNA's portfolio, technical support from HNA and a range of other factors, this was the best aircraft for that mission profile. The business plan calls for a second aircraft type as well. If the airline does not introduce a second type to serve the "trunk" routes fed by the ERJ feeders, the business model will not work as the markets grow and the airline will not be successful. No airline can survive as a domestic-only carrier in a country as small as Ghana.

Finally, back to kofib1978's constant assertions that I "resigned" from the company, I once again state for the record that I did not "resign". My contract ended with the acquisition of the AOC and we have parted ways by mutual consent. This was not unexpected (I posted initially about this back in May) nor is it an indication of any recent issues that I had with the company.