PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Int Adverts "ferroNATS"
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2012, 09:45
Daermon ATC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by On the beach
Feral gnats.

I'm still bent over laughing... very good one!

In any case I couldn't stop myself to share a few thoughts.

As the OP mentions, spanish ATC is dreadful... but I think the blame is uncorrectly placed at just the most visible element. The best analogy would be blaming a customer service representative for the failures of their company.

Nevertheless I assume that those "worse controllers current in northern Europe" will probably not be interested in what amounts to slavery... I usually tell my friends that I'm a slave of the state but the pay is not bad (less than 3500 € monthly after taxes, mind you) but these poor sods don't even have that consolation.

Let me also mention that ATCOs in Spain face probably the harshest laws in whole Europe. As an example to this let me point out that those willing to work for "Feral Gnats" will recieve their training from the Aena atcos that where working in that airport prior to the takeover. What you may not know is that those same atcos have been FORCED to become OJTI against their will. They recieved a letter from Aena ordering them to request that "on their own will" or be charged with deliberately obstructing the take-over.
In case you are wondering, the penalty for that is automatic loss of your atco licence and a fine of 4.500.000 € ... and no, it's no typo.

Anyone disbelieving this just let me know, I'll link the appropriate laws... as I have done several times before.