PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2012, 09:10
ILS25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't disagree much with the above. I do support BFS but I can't look at the place through rose tainted glasses.

No worth while investment since Abertis took over, just a relocation of a few stud walls here and there and a "quick lick of paint will do" attitude. The only money they spent was for that big empty building that leads up to central search where the queuing times are terrible during the few busy periods they have.

It pains me to say that BCA management have got their heads screwed on and Aldergrove is a laughing stock as far as an airport authority go. Take BCA's PR team for instance, look at the unveiling of the Mary Peters named Flybe aircraft as one example of good publicity. What do Aldergrove announce ?

BCA can announce the soon to be arrival of EI

Aldergrove announced the arrival of a few NITB concrete cows last month, I think the next announcement is that the Sunday market at Nutts corner will be relocating onto runway 25 to take advantage of the more favourable weather conditions.

So far we have heard rumours that,
FR are coming to BFS
Flybe and BA are moving to BFS
Virgin are coming to BFS

And I hate to admit that I believed some of that maybe true. Time is running out for some sort of miracle.

Aldergrove, as a civil airport is 50 years old next year.

Now where can I get that application form for the tumbleweed operative ?

Last edited by ILS25; 5th Oct 2012 at 09:20.