PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND - 3 The new beginning
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2012, 08:05
HZ123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Expressflight is correct and its is a shame that some are so negative about any and everything to do with. For many years I had doubts as to what might happen. The airport is up and running and doing OK and will continue to do well.

There is no doubt that STN will in time have to become considerable more competitive than it has been under the BAA protectionism. SEN may well be well established by then and will no doubt respond accordingly.

With regard to road journeys to any of the south east airports they are all prone to serious delays at any time of day. The M 11 is always congested at 'rush hours', as is SEN and the A 127, I think most people add time to give themselves the best possible allowance. That is the only way.

I do think however that at some stage the SEN road entry points must change and a lot needs to happen at the roundabout. The business park and Macdonalds will have to go !

Does anyone know what sort of length of leases are outstanding on the business park and are there plans to purchase it ?