PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Motorgliding - BGA or CAA directly controlled maintenance and instructors?
Old 5th Oct 2012, 05:32
Tupperware Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still around, just busy doing what I enjoy most - messing around with aircraft!!
But not to busy to reply in this thread???

It is important to emphasise that the 'old guy flying a Slingsby Venture on his own doing tuition' is in fact a highly regarded commercially qualified instructor and examiner for a variety of aircraft types, whose reputation is above reproach. He has been in business for decades and his company should not be confused with the 'other' club, which only started operating in mid 2011.
Well said.....he is a top man.

Now it would appear that many of the BGA registered motor gliders are maintained to a similar standard yet training is allowed by significantly less qualified flying instructors for a national licence, as long as that is in a non commercial enviroment.

Yet many of these non commercial enviroments seem to provide a living for the people involved.

I could quote easy examples - but....

It would seem to be an unfair playing field with many blind eyes.
And you have based the above on what???

( a proper PPL not a NPPL)
The NPPL is a proper PPL...you still have to give the CAA a large amount of money to get it.... I'm guessing you are not really looking to learn to fly and just cause trouble....

Last edited by Tupperware Pilot; 5th Oct 2012 at 05:34.