PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ansett - The Collapse
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2003, 22:18
Wingletts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do the letters CRJ mean anything?

Wizofoz,
In reference to yr quote "do the letters CRJ mean anyrthing?"

... I think you'll find that it was AN's idea to implement the CRJ under their own policies and procedures ( CRj's had never been flown operated like this anywhre else in the world- i.e according to our crews the hardest most expensive and difficult way!) and whilst they may not have been the right aeroplane , they were making money for KD and Big sister AN- load factors,service and a building reputation were great.. but majority of profit from our fares were put in the piggy bank by AN (i.e a PER-MEL, MEL- HBA fare-KD would've been lucky to get anything back. It's just the big sister had to pocket the profits ( as it was their brain child with their coding on all flights) and big brother ANZ was robing Peter to pay Paul. Had KD been able to mangae this A/C's infrastructure independantly we might have remained the profitable and viable regional we always were !
What a shame - such dedicated passionate and hardworking crews - big hopes with a great little jet ( in my opinion anyway) What a waste - it certainly seemed that way to see all 12 CRJ's in storage at the jet base in Melbourne in 2001 - brand new a/c just sitting there. If only the big guns had realised.

All very bad management and timing - so...please don't knock our little RJ's. An's problems were far bigger even before the CRJ's had entered the country.