PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2012, 20:38
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't believe they are cutting back again at Stansted. Seems now Alicante will no longer be served from 17 June 2013 as well as Barcelona ending on January 6. Why would they cancel 2 of the most popular sun routes that they offer??

It's outrageous what they are doing at Stansted. How they can see more benefits flying these routes from Southend instead of Stansted is beyond me. I'd understand if a few frequency cuts were made on duplicate routes at Southend to operate them alongside Stansted, but completely axing popular destinations like Faro, Fuerteventura, Madeira and now Barcelona and Alicante from Stansted and not replacing them with anything new is rediculous!

BAA will sell Stansted fairly soon anyway and almost certainly by next summer. At this point they should be looking very closely at possible growth opportunities and preparing to build good relationships with the new owners from the start. Instead they decide it's the best option to cut back in time for their takeover in favour of rival airports. That's not really a very good first impression at all nor is it showing many signs of commitment to the airport! This could be a huge disadvantage to EasyJet and I hope that if they really do carry out these further cuts, that they deeply regret it!!!