PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No cats and flaps ...... back to F35B?
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2012, 16:55
hval

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
t43562,

I was obviously not clear enough in what I wrote reference the iPhone. What you wrote actually agrees with what I wrote. Nokia, Motorola et al. were taking the mickey in their marketing strategy. Apple came along and utilised components that were available on the market at the time. Apple did not develop anything, other than the operating system, the integration of the components and how the iPhone looked.

This was easy for Apple as they did not have to try too hard to produce a posh phone which did a lot more and put it on the market. I don't think you can say that Apple have made a mistake. After all where are Nokia now? Where is Motorola? Where is Blackberry? For a company that were never in the mobile phone market to wipe the floor with every other mobile phone manufacturer says a lot.

Compare that to the F35; or all three F35's. Leading edge technology to a large extent. How many years late is it? How much over budget is it? Will it actually ever work as was originally specified (white wall wheels, go faster stripe, vinyl roof and fluffy dice)?

It would have been better to utilise products already on the market; for instance B52 mainplane, A10 fuselage, A320 cockpit, Cessna 172 ailerons; that type of stuff.

Last edited by hval; 4th Oct 2012 at 16:58.