PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA again - Now there is a 3 year rule.
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2012, 14:20
quadspeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why oh why you guys want to return to EASA land? Leave them in their misery till they die of it.
Well, I'd rather take my chances on high taxes and political discussions then watch my children:

a) suffocate from from air pollution. (Hedley Environmental Index)

b) be brainwashed by Communism (Hong Kong Tries to Curb Tensions Over Beijing's Growing Sway - WSJ.com)

c) watch the worlds lakes, forests, mountains and wildlife only exist on TV from within 500 square feet of air-conditioned concrete. (Heat Rises in Hong Kong's Property Market - WSJ.com)

d) be discriminated against because of their skin color (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-We...iment_in_China)

e) grow up without free speech, democracy and an independent judiciary.

In about 30 years time - like it or not - Hong Kong will be a fully integrated part of China, and that change can not happen overnight. There is a linear path which takes us from here to there, and that involves many gradual changes to the Hong Kong lifestyle. For every year the Beijing-driven integration is delayed, the steeper the curve becomes towards 2047.

Now you can take your chances on that not happening, but as with everything else in life you must ask yourself if you can really afford to be wrong.