PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot magazine - On Finals
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2003, 20:51
Monocock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Before I begin, can I say to BCFC........I was waiting for that comment from someone. If you hadn't I would have!!!

Pilot seems to have been forgiven very quickly for what seemed to have got our backs up last year. I must admit I read my new issue with surprise and felt it was scraping its way back to the Flyer realms.

But let me ask you one question.

Assume you are a standard PPL(A) and want to read about your hobby, just as perhaps a scuba diver would want to read about theirs........

Flick through and tell me how many of those pages are applicable/suitable/of interest to YOU. Approximately 60% I would say. Pilot stretches itself to the point of inelasticity to meet the demands of every pilot from Hanglider to Mig pilot.

Turn to Todays Pilot and Flyer. The topics, articles, letters etc. etc. are aimed at the "average" GA person. And they are aimed bloody well too....... Is Pilot trying to please all men? I fear so.

My point is this: Pilot is not sure whether to err on the pro pilot format or the "sport" pilot format so it attempts both (with about 12 pages of antiques in the middle). Flyer knows what the readers want and delivers it.

Co-op and Waitrose??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

I rest my case