PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JHAS Keeps 457's over Local workers in new Redundancy round
Old 4th Oct 2012, 12:59
ALAEA Fed Sec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Romulus, I think from memory, you are not an aircraft person. Bean counters are trying to run JHAS, not aircraft people. You fit that mould when you make comments like -

Yes they're trying to do things differently, I don't know exactly how but as an MRO they have to. They have to become more productive than the in house alternative in order to survive.
Aircraft people know the profitable model and it goes against the grain of everything bean counters are taught at their University courses. About two years ago a JHAS manager called me and asked to come for a coffee and chat. He said "Steve, we are losing money, how do we become profitable?". I told him how. He did the opposite.

Aircraft maintenance is a process that has been refined over 100 years. You need experienced people to make the most of the learned processes. JHAS and others for that matter have elected to promote idiots over experienced engineers because idiots do not argue. This is the flawed process that is losing JHAS money. Do you undrstand this or do you need further explanation?