PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American cuts back schedule in face of more sick pilots and Mx write-ups
Old 3rd Oct 2012, 20:34
aa73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right but the pilots conveniently forget they were offered a choice:
#1 - Big cut now, bonus later if profits are made;
#2 - Small cut now, nothing later.
Salaried employees (incl. management) took option 1. No prize for guessing which option the pilots picked only to bitch about the missed opportunity later...
If you are referring to the Last Best Offer a couple of months ago- you are completely misguided and flat out WRONG. That POS offer had us flying the A319 at Bombardier C-series wages (not even a B-scale, but a C-scale!). It was also a 6 year contract (which means 10 years in AMR-speak) and had a clause that basically said APA was not allowed to protest management bonuses. It gutted scope to 79 seats. I could go on and on. Yeah, great, where do I sign?

Otherwise, if you are referring to our 2003 Cram Down, as I recall we had no choice but to ratify it or they would take it to BK. A lot of good that did us, eh?

And they fly less than their legacy colleagues. To be fair to them, one should point out they accepted lower flight hours to reduce furloughs. Senior pilots could have made more by sticking to higher flight hours, junior pilots would have been looking for employment elsewhere...
Another BS statement. Do you know why we fly less? Because our illustrious Top Talent management schedules us that way - despite the fact that our contract allowed MUCH MORE productivity. I lost track of the amount of times I'd do a leg into DFW and sit for up to 4 hours before going on to another destination. Now who's fault is that??

I also never recall seeing ANY kind of deal allowing us to fly less. We have always had a monthly max of 78hrs with the option to pick up to 83. That hasn't changed in over 15 years, at the very least.

Last edited by aa73; 3rd Oct 2012 at 20:36.