PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Slinging a pylon to site
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2012, 20:14
newfieboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slinging a pylon to site

Phil
Ahhh, sales dept,don't even get me started on that, seems there are Imperial weights/metric weights and driller/sales dept weights.
Here's another little longline funny.Few years ago was moving a drill with a B2.Again all was going good,about half way through had just set the engine and was pulling up to do a 180 back for the next load.Luckily I had my head down in the longline window,as I pulled I noticed the driller kinda moving with me,Mmmm....strange thinks I so lower the pole a tad and driller goes down with hook,so I pulls again a foot or so and driller goes up.Turns out that as the guy unhooked the load he turned around and the remote hook had somehow got hooked to his dungeree style coveralls.Anyways was one of those times that the remote wasn't working so I couldn't release it myself, by this time the driller and his helper are flapping big time thinking I hadn't notice and was about to depart avec said driller attached.Mmmm too good of an opportunity to miss thinks I, had a bit of fun for a minute or so with him.In the end they couldn't figure the remote hook so he ends up stripping down to his underwear to get rid of coveralls and me, who by now was in tears I was laughing so hard at the sight of him waving me off in just his shreddies standing on the drill pad. Bearing in mind it was about -25 at the time I didn't have the heart to leave him there as was, so landed pulled the coveralls off and threw them back to him.....his helper was by now aware that I had it all under control from the start and was helpless with laughter rolling around on the pad,at the end of the shift back at camp I got the word drillers wanted to see me in their living quarters.Off I goes fearing the worst,instead was invited in to help drink their beer stash for giving them such a laugh........sure there are many longline funnies out there, let's here a few guys.....
Newfie