PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe - 6
Thread: FlyBe - 6
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2012, 18:13
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The new East Midlands base doesn't add up. All flights to Belfast-City, Edinburgh and Glasgow (which covers the majority of all FlyBe EMA flights) are operated by aircraft from those bases, so doesn't effect East Midlands aircraft. FlyBe have previously said they will have two aircraft at EMA by summer 2013, which seems to be the case.

Take the weekdays, which are all idential in EMA's case. One aircraft seems to be fine, flying: EMA-CDG-EMA-JER-(w route to somwhere else)-JER-EMA-CDG-EMA. The second aircraft shows only 1 rotation, flying: EMA-AMS-EMA, with that flight leaving East Midlands at 14:30. I read on the FlyBe website earlier in the year that they planned to increase the Amsterdam route to twice daily by summer 2013. Two problems:
1) they are only showing once daily
2) Surely they would fly an early morning and evening service if they were to increase to 2 daily flights, meaning this 14:30 departure would be cancelled/moved to a different time.

Even if it were to increase to twice daily, then there would still not be enough flights to cover this second aircraft. It would either:
A) sit on the ground for hours (which I very much doubt)
B) operate W rotations from Amsterdam
C) have some flights from the BHD, EDI or GLA route moved onto this aircraft.
D) operate a new flight/route

I'd say a new flight/route is most likely although what route would it likely to be? I'd say NQY (since BmiBaby flew that route) but that would only go in the summer holiday period realistically which would only solve the issue for 7 or 8 weeks, not the whole summer season and not this March to June time that has been released today.

Any further suggestions as to what the hell is going on???

Last edited by FRatSTN; 3rd Oct 2012 at 18:25.