PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 10
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2012, 17:50
TTex600

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lyman
Tex

Of course. I have no real position re: what, where, why.... From the outset, I have faulted BEA for not providing the evidence they supposedly possess; their data is based on something not in the record.

Instead of looking at that, most people do dig in, I hope I am not one, for as above, I do not KNOW.

The report is unacceptable.

1. In reporting some of the CVR, BEA leave open the suspicion that Airbus is at fault.

2. The suspicion exists also that the pilots are at fault.

3. The "Conclusion" (one of) exists that there is a blend of responsibility for this tragedy.

Without a jaundiced eye, BEA escape their responsibility, and play the politician.

Que sera? Strange attitude from a line pilot...

The only hope of getting to the evidence is to hope that the CVR still exists, or certifiable transcripts...

This can be done via FOIA if/when the FAA get access to the record...

Til then, my hope is that people do not give up, NO MATTER THE INTENT.
I don't expect the info to ever come out. Therefore, Que Sera Sera. I feel that I now know enough to deal with the "it flies like any other airplane" airplane when it quits flying like any other airplane. That's all I wanted to know when I started looking for info.

Whatever will be with the investigation, or with the PPrune discussion, will be.

xxxx will still pretend to be unbiased. xxxx will still pretend to be the best pilot ever. xxx will still pretend that it will never happen again because it happened once to AF447. etc, etc, etc, but we don't seem to be adding to the body of knowledge. In the mean time, Airbus birds will fly and I'm content with my ability to fly mine. Whatever else happens, so be it.