PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 10
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2012, 16:09
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Except to say there is no evidence presented in favor of, or in disagreement with, the above, I would suggest that's essentially what happened.

The Captain's comments were initially leaked, "This is STALL, get the Nose DOWN". That was reported in the Press, and one can draw their own conclusion.

By its absence, virtually all here have concluded it did not happen. Given the fact that the Captain entered the cockpit when he did, having heard Stall, and seen the cues described above, it would be incumbent upon BEA to provide the CVR audio surrounding this entry into the flight deck. Instead, nothing....

I do not know if the CVR even exists, or if the chronology was assembled out of whole cloth. Were I family, or friend, I would make it my mission to acquire the last words, if only to be with these men in their last moments.

Given the stakes at hand, one tends to be suspicious even of saints, let alone an agency with a history that suggests scepticism might be in order....

The chronology above is hindsight, as warned, but suggests that with all the cues and conditions present, the Captain and his two F/O's were other than qualified. And that is not the case.....Something is missing, literally.