PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Don't fly over my house...
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2012, 14:33
MFC_Fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Earlier in this thread I asked mike-wsm a question as to what his real concerns were. He replied to me via PM and I asked him another series of questions, also via PM. However, since he has not answered, what I think is a very reasonable series of questions for this discussion, then I will ask them again here...

Mike, why are you concentrating all your efforts on one tiny part of just one day of a 2 day air show, namely the overflight of WSM by the Red Arrows (probably lasting less than 30 seconds) as they fly a rear-arrival manoeuvre?

Why have you gone to the trouble of an FOI request for the rules/regulations over this single event?

If you are so concerned about the safety of innocent residents of WSM have you not considered that the 2 day event will attract many outsiders by road and there is a far, far greater probability of innocent residents of WSM being killed as the result of a car accident during the event than anything, let alone a Red Arrow Hawk, falling from the sky?

If you truly are concerned for the safety of those on the ground at WSM then surely you should be trying to get the whole event cancelled and thus prevent the large amount of visitors on the roads in the town for that whole period, and thus avoiding the much greater risk of an accident occurring.

I look forward to your reasoned reply,

MFC_Fly