PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JHAS Keeps 457's over Local workers in new Redundancy round
Old 3rd Oct 2012, 13:58
Flying Spag Monster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The analysis is very simple, why on earth would you pick a fight with an opponent who has the ability to line up Govt institutions that are exceptionally well funded against you?
Because once, many moons ago it was considered the right thing to do... And there goes Australia, the basic values that established a nation are shot. Corporations had an obligation to shareholders and the community in which they existed, that is employment. But now it's shareholders only, as if we all own companies and employ foreigners to do the hard stuff, sounds like the Middle East. I work in a country where the foreigner (me), is very much second behind the local who gets paid more for the same job. If the work dries up I will be short shifted well before they will and....so I should. Useless Government more concerned about the letter of the laws they have cobbled together rather than their true reason for Government, that is for the benefit of their people. Get out now....