PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JHAS Keeps 457's over Local workers in new Redundancy round
Old 3rd Oct 2012, 13:11
ALAEA Fed Sec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not angry at you Jethro. I'm angry at the issue. What is occurring is so morally wrong and unions for the last 10 years have been banging their heads up against the wall to get things fixed and nothing happens.

Romulus is so correct about most the things he has posted on this thread. The laws have loopholes and the companies make the most of them, I would even go as far as to say that the the loopholes were made deliberately so companies could act immorally and say they are just doing what is lawful. The law is an a$$. The lawmakers are a$$holes.

Romulus is however wrong about the creation of employment. Aircraft fly and must be fixed. JHAS doesn't create the need for labour, they just supply it. If JHAS go away, someone else will supply it. The work being done cannot be carried out offshore.

JHAS want to keep the 457 imports because they are non union and some cut corners on the job. They do not hold the Aussie values of pointing out deficiencies and demanding they get fixed. They are more inclined to turn a blind eye to aircraft defects and certify defective aircraft as fit to fly. This is why JHAS are losing contracts, the quality is getting worse.

JHAS are not meeting training obligations to overcome the shortfalls in labour that create the need for 457 holders in the first place. No apprentices and bugger all training. They are destroying our industry and really, it would be better off for safety outcomes and the industry in general if they just left town.