PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JHAS Keeps 457's over Local workers in new Redundancy round
Old 3rd Oct 2012, 12:38
ALAEA Fed Sec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So. I don't read Pprune for a couple of days and all of a sudden we aren't doing something about a problem that we know about. Horsesh!t.

In the last few days we have written to the Govt about this in a lenghty submission to a review of the skilled 457 visa class list that is currently under review. So some poster here won't join us becasue we won't do anything about it? Who do you think we are bloke, the Govt? This whole sham was not our doing and the knobs in power now won't fix any of the draconian laws put in place by Johnny and his HR Nicholls mates.

Does anyone know what dealing with this Govt is like. Take this comment -

What does ALAEA Fed Sec have to say about this? He is in a position to raise the matter with the Minister for Immigration.
Yes I can raise it. I make an appointment to go to Cbr, I even have my own friggen ID to get in th place these days. I wait in the Bowen office and he gives me 15 minutes as we sip a luke warn tea prepared by a staffer. He shows much concern with the matters I raise and promises to continue to show much concern about it. What do you think happens? Nothing, absolutely friggen nothing. The idiots in Canberra are useless.

Jethro you may take aim and say this is the ALAEAs fault because we haven't bulit a nice relationship with the Govt. Have the other unions fixed the problem? Virtually every god damn profession you can think of is on that 457 list and not one union can convince a Labor Government to put Australian workrs first. If you can tip that I may be a little angry, frustrated and ready to step away from the great big line of union leaders heaping false praise on the current Govt, you'd be pretty close to the mark.