PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2012, 21:08
soggyboxers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are the latest rumours about CHC starting up in Nigeria, bring it on
You've seen them already

I've lived in many places, in Lagos, Warri, Eket, Calabar, Port Harcourt (amongst others) while working for one or three different employers in Nigeria. Some have been really good, none has been absolutely appalling (the ADA vans were probably as bad as the worst in Naija) and I think the main problem in Nigeria these days is just that the security situation is such that in most places people are 'confined to barracks' for the duration of their stay here. Just being able to visit a restaurant or a bar outside of camp, listen to some live music and not feeling caged is a huge morale booster. Sadly, those days are gone in most of Nigeria, the compensation being the money, the roster and the people with whom one works and shares a modicum of adversity. Hey-ho, memories of days long gone and the many good people who still work here. Can we put the housing issue to bed while the new system has a chance to get sorted now?

Aero and Caverton are here to stay. CHC will come back. Bristow is not going to leave. There is lots of work and all rumours are ultimately futile because that's all they are . Some people say, 'be careful what you ask for', I like 'you never realise what you have until it's gone: toilet paper is a good example'

Have fun people and grow old disgracefully

Last edited by soggyboxers; 3rd Oct 2012 at 06:09.