PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion: thread Mk 2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2012, 17:39
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
One could read from your post that your encouraging your crew to fly unviable jobs and influencing the decision making of those that "should" be making the deployment decisions, and thus have brought down the efficiency of your unit and perhaps been part of the problem that has allowed NPAS to come in and units to be closed. One could read and ask, how many viable jobs have you missed out on when flying on week jobs with little or no chance of success.
morris, if you would do the decent thing and read my post before commenting, you would have read me say..
"I don't know about how others feel when doing one of your 'simple box ticking jobs',..."
...which of course means we are out on the job. (the clue is the word 'doing') Not my decision to deploy mate, I'm just the driver

Other than the aviation side of things, I have no deployment authority and as for the efficiency of the unit coming into question, the fact that we are already airborne makes us more efficient, as our reaction time is significantly quicker.

In direct answer to your question.."How many viable jobs have you missed out on when flying on week jobs with little or no chance of success."...I can honestly answer, None, think of it as prioritising at source

I wrote JUST in big letters, in case it got missed.
Thank you, and I typed this slowly to help you out.