PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion: thread Mk 2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2012, 17:00
morris1

Well you put your personal spin on it then.

It clearly reads "just".
You can cut and paste it and quote it as many times as you like. But it's still there. I just didn't underline it or put it in bold for those that may read past it.

One could read from your post that your encouraging your crew to fly unviable jobs and influencing the decision making of those that "should" be making the deployment decisions, and thus have brought down the efficiency of your unit and perhaps been part of the problem that has allowed NPAS to come in and units to be closed. One could read and ask, how many viable jobs have you missed out on when flying on week jobs with little or no chance of success. Yes we all get lucky spots every now and then. But that's the TFOs job to spot the viable flights rather than an excuse to blow the cobwebs off.

But you didn't write any of that. So that's not what I've read...!

The point was.
NPAS will be far removed from what we do now.
But let's not use that as an excuse to not measure it against how we perform now.

The goal here is to show the bean counters how effective we are as cops in helicopters. They'll need ALL the info. Not JUST the spin that NPAS will put out.

I wrote JUST in big letters, in case it got missed.

Last edited by morris1; 2nd Oct 2012 at 17:20.