PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JHAS Keeps 457's over Local workers in new Redundancy round
Old 2nd Oct 2012, 12:36
mightyauster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Romulus, I totally agree with you that the full B1 is far more efficient that the old CASA system, and I will go as far to say that it should've been introduced 15-20 years ago, with the introduction of fly by wire aircraft. A lot of people should be hanging their heads in shame that this mess has dragged on for so long - CASA, its political masters, the ALAEA and airline management.
My point is now, to stay employable and competitive with all the imports, I and lot of other CASA LAMEs, are now expected to cough for up to $28,000 and 2 1/2 years of rec leave.
I read with (non)amusement in the last week where the federal gubmint have bent to media pressure and are going to fund completion of training for a bunch of foreign medical students. It's funny how they can instantly find the resources to look after medical students, but Australian LAME's are expected to take a (savage) haircut when CASA changes the rules.

Last edited by mightyauster; 2nd Oct 2012 at 12:38.