PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New in Flying-Suggestions Please
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2012, 09:53
airflight01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New in Flying-Suggestions Please

Hi,

I am new here in PPruNe. Also very new in flying, terminologies and everything, but I worked as a cabin crew with QR before. I want to be a pilot and have it as my career. I am currently looking for a school here in Manila, Philippines to study. I have done my Medical and SPL with CAAP. I'm considering Leading Edge for my schooling (PPL,CPL and IR). Any inputs about this school. I think I will have 160 hours after finishing CPL+IR. I was told of some options after getting CPL+IR:

1. To gain hours and some experience, fly from MNL to Palawan and vice versa to deliver fish.- Is this true? Am I gonna be paid? Am I gonna fly alone?

2. GenAv- Join the Philippine Air Force-same question, will I get paid? And which aircraft will I fly in Air Force?

3. Flight instructor-they said you'll have a basic pay plus you will be paid every time you fly AND you will gain hours.

4. Have the A320 Type Rating- they said if you have money, you could do this. Because this will cost for another Php1.5M. Will I have the edge and make it in Commercial Airline faster? Even if I'll gain only few hours on A320?

**for the A320 Type Rating is it better to have in here in Philippines (AAG) or in US? Any suggestions for schools for type rating in Philippines or in US?

Guys, I need your opinions.

Thanks in advance!