PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot magazine - On Finals
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2003, 13:22
Aerohack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatever may or may not be wrong with the way 'Pilot' is being run these days — and that's one oft-opened can of worms into which I have no desire to dive again — there can be no denying that standards of accuracy have fallen markedly. I understand that the latest issue has a lead news story headlined 'Rockwell in trouble', referring to Commander Aircraft seeking protection under Chapter 11 of the U.S. bankruptcy code. Rockwell hasn't been in the General Aviation aircraft manufacturing business since 1981!

If the present writers/editors of 'Pilot Notes' didn't know that, may I suggest they either invest in some copies of 'Jane's All the World's Aircraft' for reference during the fact checking process, or — an easier and cheaper option — spend some time browsing back issues of 'Pilot' from the days when it was written and edited by people who knew their stuff and above all cared. I must leave it to others to decide whether I fell into the first category, but I'm happy to boast that I was always firmly entrenched in the latter.