PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 9th September 1962
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2003, 12:56
newswatcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sabredog, Nil desparandum!

If you have access to the Internet, you probably have an account with an ISP. If so, they may initially have offered you something called "web pages" or "web space", at which time you may have thought - "what the hell is that!".

Now, I am not a great Internet user, but I believe you should be able to use these web pages to hold information which you wish to share over the internet, such as your photos. My ISP (Onetel) has a simple process for setting this up, providing I have an FTP program - they suggest "cute FTP". After initialising your space, you may "ftp" files into it. Warning - these files are accessible to everyone, so don't go putting anything there you don't want people to see, e.g. pictures of Mrs Sabredog on holiday! But then again you might just want to do that!!!! Depending on the security structure of your ISP, these pages are open to "attack" from cyberhooligans, who may think it funny to change what you thought you had left there, so always a good idea to check with your ISP on their responsibility in this area, and also to check regularly to ensure nothing has changed!

I'd say - "Go for it!"