PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Don't fly over my house...
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2012, 20:36
Bubblewindow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm led to believe a group of people who like to get intimate with trees climbed a hill and flew kites and balloons at the exit of the Mach Loop earlier in the year.
Funny how they weren't locals per say , visitors to the alternate technology centre I believe . Aircraft exiting the Loop to the north would have came down (god forbid) on or near Dolgellau the only built up area in these parts, ironically enough, should the worst have happened .
I believe some photographers waiting to photograph aircraft politely told them where to go.
Never ceases to amaze me the ignorance of some of the NIMBY's in that area. The genuine locals seem mostly ok about it (well, there are the odd days of wall to wall F-15's which I will admit are extremly loud directly underneath )
Being Mil Aircrew and a photog in the loop I've met with some harsh words from people visiting the hostelry I stay in.
One couple who have a holiday home in the southern loop where outraged at the aircraft flying below the level of their house!! (They live half way up a mountain!!). Not knowing who I was (at the time) they showed me a brochure from they're business back on the east coast.
They 'pimp' classic cars into drag racers !!!
Loud noise......

BW