PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAA MILITARY AIR SAFETY CONFERENCE
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2012, 13:51
VinRouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quite frankly, most on the FL counldnt give 2 sh*ts, are sticking it to hours build and just trying to keep their noses clean until recruitment starts up again.

Most feel its not worth rocking the boat, your line manager wont thank for it, neither will your bosses, neither will the AOCs for getting attention on another "Risk" which they dont have the resources to manage. This is the crux. If nothing changes when issues are repeatedly reported, as they havent been. (other than piecemeal meetings to document evidence that holders are ALARP) then why will people risk falling on their sword when its much safer to stick with the status quo?

All the seniors want is to get the next rank for the pension without ending up on manslaughter charges. All the lower ranks want is to get relevant experience to escape the mad house with a decent salary and conditions on completing their pensionable service.

Can anyone actually blame the above 2 groups? There is nothing new about this, its endemic in a force that is woefully lacking both manpower and now experience. Its the same in the police force, NHS and fire service and its only going to get worse, much worse once the private sector picks up. Until then, I will do my best for the interests of my "customers", my little pink body and the op in that order.

Last edited by VinRouge; 1st Oct 2012 at 14:08.