PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAA MILITARY AIR SAFETY CONFERENCE
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2012, 11:02
Chugalug2

Received 231 Likes on 72 Posts
downsizer, specific and detailed evidence has been submitted to the Nimrod Review, the Mull of Kintyre Review, MPs, Ministers for the Armed Forces, Secretaries of State for Defence, HoC and HoL select committees, Chief Constables and the RAF Provost Marshal. It has either been totally ignored and unacknowledged or selectively filleted so that the inedible parts were left undigested. In short the law enforcement, judicial, military high command, government and parliamentary avenues have been tried and found wanting. This evidence has been factual, using much FoI as well as personal sources. If it were just about financial wrong doing I would have packed it in years ago, but lives have been lost and will go on being lost because "there is something wrong with our bloody aircraft". Unless and until the MAA and the MAAIB are released from the thrall of the MOD (and of each other) that will not change.
Don't worry, I know that I am irritating and boring but I see no option but to continue in the same vein. In the meantime some gratuitous advice to you and your crew room colleagues, the only bidding that will work is what comes from yourselves. If you can't bother yourselves in demanding that this scandal be addressed, that has compromised the airworthiness of the aircraft that you fly, then can you wonder that others that are more concerned to protect reputations than safety can't be either?

Last edited by Chugalug2; 1st Oct 2012 at 11:03.