PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did any RAF or RN aircrew on exchange with USAF, USN fly over Vietnam?
Old 1st Oct 2012, 09:04
Andu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those non Ozmates not familiar with Graham Kennedy, perhaps someone could find the (IMT?) clip of Rover the Labrador peeing on camera - the longest canine urination on camera ever recorded. Very, very funny, if not (according to Wikipedia) quite as unscripted as it seemed at the time.

(According to Wikipedia, they gave Rover much, much water to drink before he came on camera.) There's another, (also a set up, where they overfed the dog before the show), where Rover wouldn't eat the sponsor's pet food on camera - so Kennedy (or so it seemed) ate the dog food straight from the can.

Kennedy's role in 'The Odd Angry Shot' was out of character - a serious role, which, as far as I know, was a first for Kennedy, and to many pundits' surprise, which he actually handled quite well. The movie wasn't half bad, but I agree with earlier comments that it wasn't indicative of the SAS mode of operation in Vietnam.

Re the thread title asking if any Brits served in SVN, I could be wrong, (I'm finding that memories tend to be unreliable after so many years have passed), but I thought it was pretty much a given that a small number of Brits transferred to the Australian Army (with more of less 'semi-official' approval/sanction from the Brit end) , in particular, the SAS, to allow them to serve in SVN. As I said, I could be wrong.