PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military experience worthless?
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2012, 22:26
angelorange

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation U2 " Acrobat "

"In dreams begin
Responsibilities
And I can love
And I can love
And I know that the tide is turning 'round
So don't let the bastards grind you down"

You have been privileged to learn how to fly in a military environment. There you learnt from some of the very best pilots and instructors who were there to encourage you to be the best. This is utterly different from today's EU LoCo airlines who would rather not have any responsibility for pilot training expenses. They prefer 6 month-ers or those who pay to sit in the front for 100h or so.

Steer well clear of any that demand you pay for a TR or even worse the P2F nonsense that has killed flying for experienced operators trying to move along a career path.

BA, Monarch yes but also try Qatar and smaller operators. Jet2 has been mentioned and many have been offered employment under a traditional bond for a B737 rating - you don't have to pay!

The more enlightened airline managers are starting to take note of recent accidents where flyable aeroplanes were destroyed with all on board when the automation let go. Having repeatable manual flying ability and more importantly airmanship are keys to flight safety that you can bring to the table unlike a 200h cadet. The latter was short changed during training by money making flight schools with minimal flying to meet "standards" which in turn were set by a JAR/CAA system that ticks boxes rather than educates new pilots in sufficient depth.

So don't let the bastards grind you down !