PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stealing from Passenger Bags "Common"
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2012, 21:43
Bond'll Do

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't resist another 'baggage' security thing...me bad

I was standing around waiting for the non-arrival of crew transport one day, looking at the luggage, and looking at this new very beautiful lady who was in our airline's new role as a 'Fleet Director'. This was 747 fleet for a Big Airline.

Her role almost made me humble, as I was a mere Pilot....lol. This was the new name for basically 'flight attendant/cabin crew manager' and this was one of her first flights in this new role. Basically, a largely ground/office-based role. Was I, as pilot, (not saying more) on the Boeing 747 fleet some sort of 'minion'? A 'Director' on board our flights.....OMG!!!

As we waited, staring at our crew luggage for many looong minutes, I chatted with her for a bit and then asked if she could identify her luggage. She eventually did this. Then I posited a 'bet' to her, having looked at her standard '3-digit' combination lock/luggage.

I asked her that if I could open her suitcase/luggage within 30 seconds, would her 'Fleet Director' department find it within their budget to buy the whole crew a round of drinks (and if not, would she pay from her own pocket)?

She agreed. I think she paid from her own pocket.

Lock combination by reply, please. (Duuuuh)....lol