PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Simple question! (FR)
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2012, 18:03
Jetpipe.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all, thank you all for your replies!

You have summarized most of the factors affecting my decision.

@Stick35 - As much as I would like to agree with you and just do it, I have examples about ryan-cadets who after line training were put in a hotel working 5-10hrs per month, forced to move from one base to another, countless standbys in their schedule, etc... On the other hand though, I have some nice examples, fresh ones who are currently working their ss off! I assume If I proceed, I will be needing a huge amount of luck!

@OutsideCAS - I know these times are past and that's the bothering part!

@Iver - I agree that it's all about the experience but Lionair?? No no! (Not that Ryanair is a better airline, but at least they have higher standard training and ofcourse fly Europe).

@0hunter0 - It seems that you have a clear insight/view of things...

@nick14 - What are your sources if I may ask? From what I know, the assessment days at East Midlands are 2 days x 8 candidates, per week continuous all year! I don't know how many of the successful ones are offered TR though..

In the end I think I' ll agree that it will be interesting and a nice experience to go to the assessment. So maybe that alone is a good first step! After that let's just leave it to fate...