PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Darwin Tower Met Instruments
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2003, 04:22
prop-wash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NFR,
Sorry to see that nothing has changed in my absence. This sort of safety issue is unfortunately a regular occurence, but not the fault of you line guys and techs. I know it has been said before, but you all do a good job, despite the circumstances in which you are required to operate. To the pilots, by now you should all be well aware of the wet season storms that predominate at this time of year. One lightning strike of a million or so volts will tend to damage electronic equipment. This is not an excuse for the outage, but at least you are being formally notified, at least for those who do actually pay attention to the NOTAMS. The windsocks are still working at each threshold, and are usually a better indication of the instantaneous wind as the anemometer is located around 500' west of the ARP. Landing is a busy time for pilots, beleive me I know, but if a microburst did suddenly happen on short final, you would probably know about it before the controllers had a chance to tell you. Like I said, no excuse for broken equipment, but that is part of the joy of operating in the Topend. To NFR, give my regards to the crew, I really miss working along side you all. To the pilots, maybe I'll be back there sometime soon to wreak havoc on the airwaves. Now let the crocs lose to tear apart what I have said.
Regards P-W