PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 4 Ryanair aircraft declare fuel emergency at same time
Old 29th Sep 2012, 09:46
fireflybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Based on the above then BA is not a real airline unless you call abandoning passengers when its crew go on strike yet again, flying when engines out from LAX, abuses customer data and is convicted in attempting to get passengers to change airlines, gets its maintenance so screwed up that a pilot gets sucked half way out a cockpit window, lands on no fuel......................and the list goes on.
I have no remit for either BA or RYR but playing the devil's advocate!

1. Industrial action can affect any airline (apart from RYR which is not unionised....yet!).

2. The engine out from LAX has been debated before - depends which side you sit on but I think using this case in the argument is a trifle disingenuous!

3. Yes there was a dirty tricks campaign but I think that was from a different era.

4. Every airline has maintenance issues from time to time.

(My pith helmet is suitable donned!).

I recently went to a half day conference on marketing. The speaker was very well qualified. He said that since 2008 there had been a major change in how consumers decide who to purchase from. They are much more interested in knowing what a Company believes in and why they do what they do (not this fuzzy mission statement c**p by the way!).

In many ways Ryanair can be described as very successful and on the whole it does what is says on the tin.

They may have millions of passengers flying with them on a monthly/daily basis but what loyalty do these passengers have to the brand "Ryanair"?

If another operator comes along who can offer a better and more transparent service (which could even cost more!) I am sure many would change their chosen carrier overnight.

Last edited by fireflybob; 29th Sep 2012 at 09:46.