PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2012, 08:03
Twinpac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I started my career with Bristow at Eket when we at the airstrip and it was very good. We did have a pool cared for by the "Pool Master" in the form of Dink S or John H; we had a "Chop Master" who ensured that we were well fed, remember the ice cream machine, and I was the "House Master" who looked after the accommodation and staff. We were on 8/4 and flew on average 80 hours per month. We had a good CP and CE and most importantly we all got seats on the Mobil Twin Otter to Lagos for our leave.
By the time I finally left Nigeria I had worked on most of the Bristow locations, except for PH Shell. My final stint at Eket was not a happy one, the operation had moved to the QIT and the accommodation was in town and self catering. But the worst part was the lack of a system to get you to Lagos to catch your flight home. We were told to catch the crew bus to the QIT at 06:00 and see what comes up. This could either be a spare seat on a company 212 to PH or a hire car to PH then hope you could catch a local flight to Lagos.
I am still working and flying the 212 - "ER"is one of our 5 and some old timers might remember it. NEO, you have my thoughts and I wish you well.