PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2012, 23:08
StopStart

Champagne anyone...?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last I heard you oly get 50% (of 70%) pay until you complete final line check that took a friend of mine from march through to end of August. Also no crew food and only £2 an hour FTP. You pay £18000 up front for rating and are bonded for another £8000 for line training
There were no 70% contracts offered last year. It was 50% pay during training although there was recompense when it became clear Line Training was taking a long time. Line training did take a long time because of the workload on the the Line Trainers. There was a £23000 non-repayment bond (decreasing over three years). There were no "up front" payments. Some are on a repayment bond which is markedly smaller in real terms (about 55% smaller in fact). "FTP" is not £2 per hour, Duty Pay (for every hour - flying or not - away from home base) is £2.10 per hour. Sector pay is from £7 - £10 per sector.

You did get one thing right though. There is no free crew food. You can however buy discounted food off the trolley or, better still, bring some fruit with you. Chances are you won't die of starvation between Leeds & Barcelona. If, however, you do then rest assured there is something in one of the books on how the rest of us deal with your scrawny corpse in flight.

Jet2 is a good, friendly company that is going places. It's also a nice place to work. The pay is pretty good and the contract is fair. I wish those applying the very best of luck. I would say, however, that for those applying, a bit of common sense, initiative and application will pay far more dividends than asking bone questions of the Pprune Illuminati....