PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advise please!
Thread: Advise please!
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2012, 21:28
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recall there is a procedure for telling one from the other,
The one eats you the other does not

Now which was which hmmm?

Addendum I was right Crocs ! If you can swim at 20 mph you will be ok So Mike into the swimming pool to perfect your high speed swimming before you go

Crocodiles are much more aggressive than alligators.Saltwater and Nile crocodiles kill more people and can bite a human in half and take down prey over 1000 pounds.

Salties:
Length= Males are 15-16 feet and Females are 8-10 feet.

Teeth=1-3 inches

Bite pressure=3900 pounds

Armor= Has thicker skin than a hippo, pigs, buffalo, armor plates are as hard as rocks and their skin is much thicker than 5 cm. Head is as hard as steel.

Weight: Males 1500-2000 pounds and Females weigh ?

Food Items: Saltwater crocodiles can take monkeys, wild boar, dingos, domestic livestock, water buffalo, sharks, and humans.

Speed: On land slow and in the water 15-18 miles per hour on top speed.

Intelligence: While crocodilian brains are much smaller than that of mammals (as low as 0.05% in the saltwater crocodile), they are capable of learning hard tasks with very little conditioning. Crocodile calls hint at a deeper language ability than currently accepted. Saltwater crocodiles are smart, clever animals that can learn faster than lab rats and dogs.

Saltwater crocodiles (salties) are very aggressive and can kill an American Alligator with little effort.

Most crocodiles are more dangerous then alligators.
A 12 foot crocodile will most likely kill an 13 foot alligator.

Even if the alligator is bigger, the crocodile will be more dangerous
!

All this free life saving advice only at pprune

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 28th Sep 2012 at 21:42.