PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What flight schools do that students hate?
Old 28th Sep 2012, 20:12
Duchess_Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK - I'll bite

Flying schools that tell students who "forget" they had a lesson that day that they really should give the instructor some cash, otherwise he/she will starve.
Quite right.... you 'forget' - your problem. I'm a busy man and if you book my time expect to be billed for it - If I don't fly, I DON'T GET PAID. Someone else could have been paying me for that 'wasted' hour.

Flying schools that give students a row for turning up late so that, if the full lesson is to be flown, then the instructor will lose their break or other students will have to wait.
OK - The guy down next in line suffers because you can't assemble your exrecement... why should he? Take that down the line and the end of the day runs into night time and you startlosing whole slots. See point 1 above.

Flying schools that pull aside students who have a couple of university degrees yet turn up for a cross-country flight without any preparation and planning "because I was very busy last night", and say: that is not good enough.
PMSL at this. WTF does a degree or any othe qualification have to do with flying. Straightforward bad attitude. Quite correct to pull the student up. We'd certainly not be getting in an aeroplane if you did that with me. See point 2 above.

Flying schools who point out that they get less money in the bank for a given £100 if paid using a credit card, so would the student like to pay a 3% excess to make up for that - since they can't pay cash, write a cheque or use internet/telephone banking.
Fair ish point - but the credit card companies/banks actaully do charge the operator for this so why should the flying school suffer? Perhaps the better option would be to hide the charge in the hourly rate anyway.

Can we start a thread that deals with things that students do that annoy ops staff or instructors?